Tuesday, June 7, 2011

heart in chains

constantly putting up a tough act and hiding behind the smile
telling people i don't really care but clearly i do.
why do i hide behind this wall that keeps my feelings locked up ?

maybe, it's to prevent others from breaking me..
i've learned through others that people don't always care
having a "significant other" and getting into a relationship is just messy
someone always puts more effort into the relationship compared to the other and that could break it

i constantly tell myself that it's a waste of time and i don't need one.
i'm right, i don't need one but maybe, just maybe, what i want is someone who actually cares enough.
someone who can prove to me that they're worth it.

i've seen it happen too much and (almost) always someone, at least one person will end up getting hurt

so prove to me you're different, prove to me you're worth it and you deserve me